Vendor Info for Bacon & Barrels Festival, held Saturday, July 16th from 12pm - 5pm
SAN LUIS OBISPO PARTICIPANT INFO
Welcome to Bacon & Barrels 2017! You are amongst the best chefs, restaurants, breweries, mixologists, wineries, and distilleries on the central coast, and we are so happy to bring you together for Bacon & Barrels Festival 2016! Below are some important event details. We kindly ask that you review these carefully. Please feel free to call or email Holly (contact info below) for any questions. Please send this link to all of your staff coming to Bacon & Barrels festival.
Date: Saturday, July 15th, 2017
Where: Madonna Meadows at the Madonna Inn, 100 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Time: VIP+Early Admission+Media: 12:00PM. General Admission: 1:00PM. Festival Ends at 5:00PM
PARKING & BOOTH PLACEMENT
A parking pass will be sent to your contact person the week of the event date via email. A map layout will be sent the week of the event.
Saturday, July 15th from 8:00am - 11:00am
Please send ONE representative to pick up your Check In Package at the Check In Tent (map will be provided closer to the event date). You will receive your staff wristbands at Check In. We do NOT need the names of your staff members. You will receive (3) passes and (3) glasses/plates, UNLESS you have provided your COI before July 1st, in which case you will receive one additional of each (for a total of 4 passes and 4 glasses/plates). If you're uncertain if you or your insurance agent provided your COI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm. The COI is due by July 10th. Please include "Create Promotions, LLC" and "Madonna Inn, Inc" and "Madonna Properties, LLC" as additionally insured. Create Promotions Address: 3765 South Higuera Street, Suite 120, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401. Event Name: Bacon & Barrels Central Coast. Venue Address: 100 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Friday, July 14th from 2pm - 4pm (we recommend bringing in your pit/trailers on Friday. There will be overnight security)
Saturday, July 15th from 8am - 10am for trailers
Saturday, July 15th from 8am - 11am for dollys/hand carts
We recommend bringing a dolly to assist with easier transport of your items to your booth. LOAD IN may occur on Friday, July 14th between 2:00pm and 4:00pm and Saturday, July 15th from 8:00am to 10:00am for those that need to drive on to the field for their trailers, and Saturday, July 15th from 8:00am to 11:00am for those with dolly's/hand carts. Overnight security will be provided Friday night. Gates open promptly at 12:00pm on Saturday, July 15th. Please have your area set and ready to go no later than 11:30am. We have media coming through at noon with VIP and Early Admission ticket holders and we want to be sure you're ready and available at your booth as soon as doors open.
Load Out begins at 5:15PM until 7:00PM on Saturday, July 16th. We ask that you please DO NOT break down or abandon your booth until 5:15PM even if you have run out of samples early. Abandoned tables end up turning into trash receptacles and it looks bad for the event and bad for anyone that comes around looking for your booth. We encourage you to stay at your booth and chat with our attendees who do approach your table - it's still an opportunity to make a lifelong customer!
STAFF PASSES / GLASSES / PLATES / GENERATORS
(3) staff passes, plates, and souvenir glasses are provided to all participants, UNLESS you emailed your COI to email@example.com prior to July 1st, in which case you will be provided with (4) staff passes, plates, and glasses. If you are unsure whether you emailed your COI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation. You may pick up your staff passes by following the "CHECK IN" procedure noted above. We do NOT need the names of your staff members.
***Please do not bring more staff than you have passes for - we will be unable to supply extra passes day-of. ***
If you would like additional passes, we offer a 20% discount to our participants. Please email email@example.com for the discount code. We limit passes to a certain number so that we can account for the number of attendees in advance. Purchasing additional tickets helps us to keep track of our attendance numbers and also helps to support The Big Brothers Big Sisters, which is the event's beneficiary. Thank you for your support!
If you have made a request via our online form or email for a generator, then a generator will be provided for you. A reminder to please mail your $50 generator fee to Create Promotions at 3765 South Higuera Street, Suite 120, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 as soon as your request has been made. Make check payable to Create Promotions, LLC.
WHAT TO BRING
As per the online registration form, we have requested a minimum donation of 1300 samples to participate in Bacon & Barrels Festival. There will be 1200 foodies, media, chefs, mixologists, brewers, winemakers, and libation-lovers in attendance. Of course, you'll also be surrounded by other chefs, brewers, wine makers, and distillers, who will no doubt want to sample from you. Some of our participants opt to bring more than the minimum requirement for that reason, and if they anticipate that folks will want seconds, and with the quality and creativity brought to Bacon & Barrels, many do! Why do we ask for more samples than attendees? To ensure enough samples for all ticketed attendees.
Restaurants: If your sterno food warming tray requires water, please bring your own non-drinking water.
Mixologists: If you are making a cocktail we recommend bringing in pre-made batches. You're welcome to bring your own cups if you would like ready-to-go samples at your table to hand to guests and/or would like to avoid cross contamination. Or if you prefer, you can bring a couple of Arrowhead jugs with the spout and do a quick rinse of people's cups if you or them want to pour into a clean up. It's up to you.
Breweries: As Bacon & Barrels focuses on barrel beverages, we strongly recommend that our breweries bring in their barrel aged beers. This event is a great opportunity to really highlight those specific beers to this crowd!
Breweries/Wineries - limit pours to 2 ounces. Mixologists/Distilleries - limit pours to 0.5 ounces.
NON PROFIT TAX ID FOR DEDUCTION
The non-profit TAX ID number will be provided to each participant shortly after the event date. Please consult with your tax advisor as to the deductibility of your donation.
A copy of the ABC license will be provided the week of the event to all wineries, distilleries, and breweries via email.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
For you: We provide a 10x10 booth space, coverage, an 8 foot table (two for mixologists and restaurants), signage, and a linen UNLESS you have noted that you will bring your own branded 10x10 tent and/or branded linen. If you do not recall if you have committed to bringing your own linen/branded tent, please check your Online Participation Form Email that was forwarded to you, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
If you are providing your own tent, please bring stakes to secure your tent to the ground. Make it pretty! We encourage you to decorate your spot. Bring flowers, custom signage, sign with your dish ingredients. Stand out, make it fun!
For attendees: We provide (1) biodegradable plate, fork and napkin, and (1) souvenir re-usable glass at entry. MIXOLOGISTS - IF you are making a cocktail we recommend bringing in pre-made batches. You're welcome to bring your own cups if you would like ready-to-go samples at your table to hand to guests and/or would like to avoid cross contamination. Or if you prefer, you can bring a couple of Arrowhead jugs with the spout and do a quick rinse of people's cups if you or them want to pour into a clean up. It's up to you.
WATER / RESTROOMS / ICE
Culligan is providing drinking water which you can get at the water station. We recommend bringing a refillable water bottle, or you can use your souvenir glass. We will also provide several hand washing stations located near the Porta Potties.
Ice is provided for wineries, breweries, distilleries, and mixologists ONLY. (3) 20 pound bags will be provided. You can pick up your ice at the Ice Truck (will be near the event entrance) beginning at 10am. Please bring a dolly to assist with taking ice to your booth.
BRINGING A BBQ PIT/GRILL/FRYER?
Please be sure you let us know in advance. Please also bring a mat and/or container to place underneath to catch grease and/or embers.
WHAT TO WEAR
Bacon & Barrels is always an outdoor festival. The field will be short grass. Plan your shoes accordingly. We strongly recommend against high heels and wedges. You'll be under tent coverage while serving but we still suggest bringing sunscreen, a hat, and refillable water bottles.
There's a lot going on at Bacon & Barrels! From live chef and mixology demos, to live music, to awards! Check out the day's schedule here
JEFE DE PORKO COMPETITION
All of our participating restaurants and mixologists (except for those serving in the VIP Lounge) are automatically entered into the competition for the title of JEFE DE PORKO. There is a restaurant and mixology category. Participating restaurants and mixologists will be judged on Presentation, Creativity, Taste, and Use of Bacon or Pork.
How to participate: Our three judges will come to your booth to taste your samples at approximately 12:00PM.
The winner's in both the Restaurant and Mixology categories will receive $250, a trophy, presented live on the Main Stage at 4:30pm, social media love throughout the year, and the sweetest prize of all, bragging rights.
THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS
Festival attendees will get to electronically vote for their favorite dish and cocktail at the INFO BOOTH. The winners of the People's Choice Award in the Mixology and Restaurant Category will be announced at the festival and presented with their trophies live on the Main Stage at 4:30pm. Winning the People's Choice Award means recognition at the event, social media love throughout the year, and of course bragging rights! So, be sure to encourage attendees to vote for you at the INFO BOOTH. Voting begins at 1:00pm and ends at 4:00pm. Not open to restaurants only serving in the VIP Lounge.
ONE LAST THING...OUR RECOMMENDATIONS!
Bacon & Barrels has been an incredibly successful event since its inception, and we want to continue that year after year, to ensure our purveyors are connected to a classy and well-run event, where foodie and libation lovers know they can discover the best of the central coast. As such, here are few guidelines we kindly ask that you please take note of:
- Hashtag Away! The entire venue is a photo booth. Snap a photo, upload it to Instagram with the #BaconandBarrels hashtag- and pick up your FREE photo at the Info Booth!
- Efficiency is everything! The event gets its busiest between 1:30pm and 4pm. We noticed that when participants have their samples pre-prepared, their line moves along more quickly and they're able to introduce their delicious food and libations to more happy people and future customers! In order to make sure everyone tries your food/libations, we find it's best for your staff to hand each guest one at a time, otherwise some of our excited guests might take several at one time if samples are sitting out for the taking.
- If you do run out of samples early, which hopefully you don't, please do not abandon your booth area. Abandoned tables end up turning into trash receptacles and it looks bad for the event and bad for anyone that comes around looking for your booth. We encourage you to stay at your booth and chat with our attendees who do approach your table - it's still an opportunity to make a lifelong customer!
- Please be weary of over-serving. Breweries/Wineries - limit pours to 2 ounces. Mixologists/Distilleries - limit pours to 0.5 ounces. If you see someone is overly intoxicated, please notify security immediately. Please DO NOT serve alcohol to someone who is overly intoxicated or wearing a RED wristband. Those are our Designated Driver guests.
- Our guests are major foodies and love their barrel beverages, so naturally they are going to want to talk shop with you - we suggest having someone in your booth that can speak to your product and can engage with the audience. Encourage them to step to the side to chat so that the line is not held up. If you can only bring one pourer, encourage this person to continue serving guests in line while they speak to the other person to the side. Again, it's another opportunity to make a lifelong customer!
- Be sure to use the hashtag #baconandbarrels
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BaconandBarrels
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BaconandBarrels
- Instagram: BaconandBarrels
DAY OF CONTACT
Holly Holliday - Event Owner - 805-709-2221